You can configure the BT email on iPhone or iPad and easily send and receive the emails on your BT business account using the client program named Microsoft office 365.
In this post, you will come to know the steps to set up a new account on your iPhone device without changing the existing account configured already. You are suggested to follow the steps in the same order, else you will get an error message on the screen. Configuring the new mail is a better option than making changes to the existing account because you may end up losing the existing data in this whole process.
The steps discussed will work for almost all models of iPhone and iPads with only differences in the text displayed on the screen. You may find ‘Account sign-up’ or ‘Registration’ interchangeably on the devices. The steps differ with the devices and the software versions installed. If you find any problem, you can contact experts.
Steps for setting up POP email on iPhone and iPad:
- Open your iPhone/iPad home screen by unlocking it and go to ‘Settings’.
- Under Settings, you will find ‘Mail, Contacts, and calendars’.
- Click on ‘Add new account’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Other’.
- Click ‘Add mail account’.
- You will be asked to enter the username which is to be displayed on the receiver’s screen.
- Enter the name in the ‘Name’ field.
- Enter your BT business username in the ‘Address’ field. Enter the name followed by ‘@btconnect.com’. If you have registered as a business account, then enter the name of the company after ‘@’ symbol.
- In the next field, enter the BT email password you use to login with.
- Next, comes the description part. Here, you need to enter something by which your account gets identified. You can click on the ‘Information’ option if you come across any problem.
- Press ‘Next’ if you get any error message, click ‘Ok’.
- Don’t forget to click on the ‘POP’ option. If you have selected the IMAP option, then the account won’t get synced and you will not get a notification for the new mail.
- In the incoming server section, enter the hostname as outlook.office.com.
- Enter port number 995 in the SSL field and turn it on.
- Over to ‘Outgoing mail server’ settings and click on ‘Hostname’.
- Enter ‘SMTP.office.365.com’.
- In the port number field, enter 587 and turn SSL on for outgoing mail server as well.
- If asked for Authentication type, select ‘Password’ and enter the email address to confirm and authenticate once.
- Click ‘Save’.
- The settings will now get verified online and you will find the message showing ‘Successfully added’ on the screen.
- Now click on ‘BT connect account’ to access the email.
The steps discussed above are for the latest version of iOS. If you are using the older version of OS, then the settings are almost the same with minor differences cited here as under:
Incoming mail server: Outlook.office365.com
Incoming mail server: Port number 995.
Outgoing mail server: smtp.office365.com.
Username: Full email address and SSL should be enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
If you find any error regarding BT Email Login, you can contact us for help!