Getting an orange flashing light on the BT hub implies some bugs and issues within the device or in the network. Under such situations, you won’t be able to connect to the internet and the Hub will remain disconnected. However, by applying simple tips and tricks, you can easily fix the problem and in no time, you can start accessing the internet from wireless devices. In this post, we are going to discuss the easy workarounds to this problem. Read all the steps carefully.
After rebooting the Hub or smart BT Hub, if you are unable to connect to the broadband, then you will find orange light flashing on its front panel. The light can be red or purple depending on the type of problem.
- To start troubleshooting the problem, launch the web browser on your computer and open the default IP address 192.168.1.254 from it.
- Check the status of the internet from the left-hand side of the screen. The color on the screen will be the same as that on the front panel of the hub.
- Go to the ‘No connection’ help page given under ‘No service’. The setup wizard will open.
- If you get a message ‘BT hub detected a problem’, then click on the ‘Start troubleshooting’ option. This will check and let you know the possible causes of this problem. If there is any problem with the network, then even you will come to know through this test.
- BT smart hub will try to restore the network connection on its own. You will have to wait for some time till the process gets finished. If the lights on the hub changes to blue, then it means the connection is successfully established.
BT Home Hub flashing orange light
- Open the same default IP address of your BT hub router from the web browser. You can launch any web browser installed on your computer.
- Go to ‘Advanced settings’ after login to the interface. The login details include usernames and passwords.
- Go to ‘Broadband’ after login and click ‘Reset username’.
- The hub will now connect after a few seconds.
- The bar light on the front of the panel will first blink orange for some time, then it changes to a blue that indicates a successful connection to the broadband. Once the connection gets established, the bar light will now go out.
If you are getting any bug or error message related to orange light flashing, then the best way to get rid of this problem is to restart the hub and wait for few minutes. Now, if the orange light turns to solid blue after some minutes, then it means the broadband is connected to the hub.
If the hub is still not connecting to the broadband, then don’t forget to follow the normal and basic troubleshooting steps which are mentioned here as under:
- Make sure that all the cables are properly connected to the router.
- Restart the computer and the device after connecting the cables and power adapter again.
Restart the Hub by pressing the restart button from the back panel of the device. Check if the orange light stopped flashing or not.
If you find any error regarding BT Internet Login, you can contact us for help!